Inspired by the vegan noodles that I ate at a vegetarian restaurant in Singapore, I tried to make my own version at home which quickly became my comfort food.
Essential Ingredients (For 1 pax)
- Chop the tomato into 3-4 large pieces.
- Boil the tomato and water in a saucepan for 5 mins so that the broth will be infused with the flavour of tomatoes.
- While waiting for the broth to boil, dissolve the organic soy milk powder in 80ml of cold water.
- Add in Frozen Mushroom and Veggies now.
- Add the Soba noodles and cook for 3-5 mins, depending on the instructions on the packet.
- Add in fresh mushrooms and veggies now.
- Turn the flame to a simmer and pour half of the soy milk into the pan. Adjust the thickness of the soup according to your liking. (e.g. add more soy milk if you prefer a thicker, milkier soup. )
- Turn off the flame after 30s to 1 min and add in 3 drips of sesame oil and 1/2 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine.
- It is important to reduce the heat to a simmer before pouring the soy milk as the milk will curdle at a high temperature.